Fears into Fiats
I had intended to write a themed post for each day of Holy Week but here we are on a Thursday night long after Holy Week has come and gone. The Lord has certainly been taking us through a valley and desert period lately. It has been a valley of anger, sorrow and loss of peace. The sun almost seems to come out and then it starts all over again with the dark valleys.
During times like this It is so easy to question God. When life throws us curve balls and sorrows come our ways we get angry and demand why instead of prayerfully seeking God in the midst of it. Instead of saying "I trust you, Lord" we instead ask the whys, what ifs and repeat the I don't understands. I have found myself doing that often as of late. At first it was "I don't understand, Lord" but its slowly has become "I don't understand, Lord. But I trust you and you are still good."
You see, friends, I was aiming to be confirmed this year and had hoped it would be at the Easter vigil mass. However that has not happened and I have asked God why about so many different factors of the situation. I have prayed so many tear-filled prayers over myself and for my beloved husband. On top of that, there was fire at my place of employment and the structure sustained significant damage (all people and animals got out safely. PRAISE GOD!) The stress has been immense and while I don't understand...I trust God completely. After the fire I was hit with a still continuing bought of depression off and on as well as some flares of old chronic pain. While I don't know when or even if I will ever be confirmed...I have peace in the midst of everything weighing on me and my husband. He has provided before and He will provide again. I can fully have faith that He will work good out of all the hardships and harsh realities we are facing right now. There is still the echoes of disappointment but my faith has only deepened through out this experience and made me fall even more in love with God and drawn me closer to Him in my faith journey.
All of the difficulties we have been facing got me remembering something about Wednesday of Easter week. Passover had begun and as messianic jews we celebrate both Passover and easter. This year, We ended up not having our seder meal this year but instead kept it low key and we finished up watching the last episode of the current season of the Chosen while eating the crockpot stew I made for us.
Ya'll. The final episode of season 5.
It was so good.
And so timely.
My eyes weren't dry at all.
It is the episode depicting Jesus praying in Gethsemane and then his betrayal at the hands of Judas.
(Shameless plug: I really cannot speak highly enough of this show, so if you haven't watched The Chosen go check it out on Amazon Prime or the free Chosen app).
I think though there was something deeply moving about this episode and seeing the sorrow that Jesus felt leading up to the darkest hours He would face. Our Savior is familiar with fear. Jesus is familiar with suffering. He is familiar with not wanting to face what He knew laid ahead of him on Good Friday. He knows what it is to ask the Father "Please. Let this pass me by, Father."



Comments
Post a Comment